About Winterton B&B
Winterton is a dream house on a hill with spectacular views across Kilmartin valley and Dunadd (believed to be the capital of the ancient kingdom of Dál Riata). It is very close to the sea and the beach and you can walk for miles right from the house.
We offer two very cosy and beautifully furnished double rooms (king-sized beds - no foot board) each with en-suite bathroom (bath and separate en-suite walk in shower in each room), Egyptian Linen, huge fluffy towels, TV with Freesat, tea and coffee making facilities and blow dryer. The duvets and pillows are filled with wool - very natural, no issues with allergies and according to scientists 25% more REM sleep! Guest sitting room and green oak sun lounge with spectacular views across Kilmartin Glen. Stunning sea views two minutes and the beach five minutes walk away.
You can relax in your guest living room with a crackly fire in a log burning stove. Sit back and watch the sun come up or the moon rise from your green oak sun lounge which commands spectacular views across Kilmartin Glen and Dunadd. Here we also serve a delicious breakfast - (fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereals or porridge, toast, home made jams and marmalade and a choice of cooked breakfasts).
The perfect place to relax and recover.
We are passionate cooks and offer to cook a three-course dinner for you - vegetarians and vegans are very well looked after too. You can choose from our fine selection of champagnes, wines, beers, local wee drams and gins. If the weather is kind you can have your meal in our spacious garden.
We love to welcome guests from all walks of life and from around the globe; to help you with your plans, cook your breakfast and if you wish your dinner too; talk to you if you have something to share and respect your peace if you want to be left alone.
If you feel like staying at "home" you are very welcome to borrow our books, DVDs and blue rays.
WIR SPRECHEN DEUTSCH - ON PARLE FRANCAIS RUSTIQUE
Other Things to Note:
Our minimum stay is 2 nights unless you want to book very short notice and we have a room available. Among other reasons we strongly believe that the area around Winterton deserves to be explored.
Beautiful and meaningful art is important to us. Our house is also a wee gallery presenting beautiful art from exceptional Scottish artists and other tasteful crafts. We are very privileged to exhibit some of the marvellous paintings of Caroline Hunter.
The food we serve is mainly organic or free range and is inspired by Scottish/British, Italian, Indian and Thai cuisine. We love cooking vegetarian, fish and shell fish, organic poultry and game dishes.
The environment is very important to us. Our heating and hot water is generated by a biomass boiler and the electricity purely from sustainable sources.
We have two mountain bikes for hire.
SPA treatments can be organised for you in our house (massage, aromatherapy, hot stone).
Our wireless broadband is not very fast and only suitable for checking emails and basic internet usage - no streaming and huge downloading, please.
Peggy, our much loved black Labrador is very friendly and loves guests. She is part of our family.
Gallery of Images
- "Beautiful house and location, extremely cosy and luxurious. Stephanie and Adrian are wonderful hosts: the breakfasts are delicious and they both know and love the area so well and will generously give their time and knowledge to help you plan your day. A perfect place to relax." Tom & Rosie, London, October 2017
- "Winterton will knock your socks off. It's absolutely stunning — both the location and the house itself. Stephanie and Adrian were the best hosts you could ask for. Definitely say yes to having dinner there — the cooking is better than any restaurant! Worth every penny. Great info on surrounding sites. We could go on and on -- but just book it and experience it yourself! Thank you again for an amazing two days!" Emily & TJ, Los Angeles, October 2017
- "We were embraced by Stephanie's and Adrian's geniality! A true hidden secret and recommendation! Plus 5 stars for the whole area and its history, the house and rooms, Stephanie's cookeries... Everything was fantastic down to the smallest detail. We spent the most wonderful time with them and wished we could have stayed longer! Don't miss it! ;)" Julia & Oskar, Berlin, September 2017
- "Stephanie and Adrian's place is a slice of heaven in Scotland. They could not have been lovelier nor could our accommodation. Stephanie is a fab cook and Adrian gave us a really great rundown of the local sites/history/nature. It was a dream weekend and I will be back many times over!" Lauren, Toronto, September 2017
- "We had the most fantastic two nights at Winterton. Stephanie and Adrian made us feel so welcome in their beautiful home. Breakfast was delicious, the bed super comfy and the views...simply stunning. It's a must visit." Brett, Carlisle, August 2017