The enchanting area around Crinan Ferry presents a myriad of possibilities for exploring and adventure. Whether you are interested in history, nature, hiking, cycling, fishing, golfing, canoeing, distillieries, boat trips, photography or art, there is something for everyone.
- Kilmartin Glen - chambered burial cairns, Temple Wood stone circle and the award-winning Kilmartin Museum with its café and shop. This is the most significant area in Scottish history.
- Dunadd Fort - Iron Age, a settlement used by the Gaelic rulers of Dalriada Kingdom in the 6th to 9th Centuries.
- Achnabreck - some the finest and largest examples of stone-carved cup and ring marks anywhere in the country.
- On your door step is Crinan Ferry where you can while away the hours beach combing along miles of sand when the tide is out, looking out towards the isles of Jura, Scarba and Mull and splashing through shallow pools.
- MOINE MHOR nature reserve (one of Britain's finest peat-bog habitats for all kinds of flora and fauna).
- Walk or cycle along the famous Crinan Canal between Crinan and Ardrishaig - 14km in total.
- Visit Duntrune Castle Gardens
- Many walks and cycle rides cover Knapdale Forest one of which is the famous Beaver Trail.
- With a day pass you can also fly fish in one of the hill lochs
Other Things to Do:
- Explore the nature and culture of one of Europe's most evocative and ancient landscapes on a bespoke guided adventure by kayak or foot with 'Explore Wild Argyll'
- Boat Tour - 'Venture West' from Crinan harbour takes you through Europe's second largest tidal whirlpool - the famous Corryvreckan - you might see dolphins and golden eagles on your way.
- Foot ferry to Jura from Tayvallich during the summer
- Whisky Distilleries:
- Inveraray - with its Castle and Jail is 45 mins drive away
- Golf - Lochgilphead (15 mins), Carradale (1 hr), Tarbert (45 mins), Machrihanish Golf Course (with the best first hole in the world) (1.5 hrs)
- Riding - Lunga Riding Stables (20 mins)
A car is essential to get around and we have ample car parking.
- 2 hrs to Glasgow Airport
- 3 hrs to Edinburgh Airport
- 10 mins to Kilmartin (Museum, Coffee shop, Pub)
- 5 mins to the Crinan Canal and 10 mins to Crinan (Coffee shop, Restaurant, Seafood Bar)
- 15 mins to Lochgilphead (swimming pool, shops, supermarket, restaurants)
- 25 mins to Tarbert (fishing village, restaurants, shops)
- 40 mins to Kennacraig ferry terminal (Islay, Jura)
- 45 mins to Oban (ferries to Mull, Iona & Colonsay)