About Crinan House Self Catering
This delightful 18th-century historically listed building lies at the end of a rocky peninsula between the sea at Loch Crinan and the estuary of the River Add. In bygone days a little ferry took the sheep and cattle across the river. Fully renovated and very tastefully furnished with lovely antiques and a crackling log fire, it provides very cosy holiday accommodation in tranquil surroundings.
The sandy beach is just over the garden fence, and its own well-kept grounds command one of those fine views for which Western Scotland is renowned.
When the tide is out, it is possible to while away the hours beach combing along the miles of sand, looking out towards the isles of Jura, Scarba and Mull and splashing through shallow pools, which reflect the amber colours of the setting sun.
- Open all year
- Bed linen and towels provided
- Up to 2 dogs welcome
- Available on a weekly basis from Saturday to Saturday
Rooms and Facilities:
Master Double bedroom (king size bed)
Bathroom (bath with shower valve)
Utility and store room
Open plan dining and living room with open fire
Gallery of Images
- "The hardest place to leave!" The Menzies clan
- "This house is a real dream — in an absolutely peaceful location right beside the sea. We can highly recommend this holiday cottage!" Hermann Party
- "An incredible house with spectacular views, a garden with direct access to the beach and of course, the Aga!" Cruzado Party
- "Fantastic views and a very relaxing week in a comfortable cottage. Beach is fantastic and we had a magical day paddling and collecting shells in the beautiful Scottish sunshine." Smith Party
- "Thank you for a fantastic week in a beautiful setting. The house has been very homely and lovely to return back to each day." Irwin Party